[eepro100] eepro100, weird log lines and lockup

Mikael Svenson mikaels@powertech.no
Thu Nov 28 03:45:00 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Donald Becker wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Mikael Svenson wrote:
>
> > I'm running 2.4.19 (with ac4 patch for an ide controller).
>
> Which IDE patch? (The 7500 chipset?)

Just a patch to get a HighPoint controller to work. The ac4 patch
included
this.

> > I don't have "Local APIC support on uniprocessors" enabled since it's a
> > single CPU machine, but I'll add the paramter and see how it goes.
>
> Hmmm, OK, then I'm not certain what is going on here.  But it seem
> pretty clear that it has something to do with the IRQ mapping.

>From lspci I see that eth0 shares IRQ with the graphics card. eth1 (the
second port on the controller) uses IRQ 12. If I shut down eth0 and
start
using eth1 instead, then it perhaps would work better?

Or is there a way to get eth0 to run on another IRQ?

I've had the exact same problem with a single port eepro card, but I
guess
it defaulted to IRQ 5 as well.

The box has been up for 18 hours without reboot now after I added the
noapic line. So time will tell if that helps.

Regards,
Mikael Svenson