[eepro100] eepro and nfs file handle

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Nov 7 16:30:02 2002

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Traylen, SM (Steve)  wrote:

>  > >> >>  I have a problem which I have after a lot if investigation
> Now dmesg shows.
>
> pci-scan.c:v1.10 7/13/2002  Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>
> http://www.scyld.com/linux/drivers.html
> eepro100.c:v1.25 8/27/2002 Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>
>   http://www.scyld.com/network/eepro100.html
> eth0: Intel i82559 rev 8 at 0xe009d000, 00:02:B3:1D:2F:27, IRQ 19.
>   Board assembly 721383-016, Physical connectors present: RJ45

A plug-in 82559 card.

> This was after I removed the sleep mode bit as well
> # eepro100-diag -G 0 -w -w -f

That's frequently the source of problems.

> so now I have
> [root@gppce06 /root]# ./eepro100-diag -f -ee

(No sleep mode reported.)

Note that you must *cold* power cycle the machine for this to take effect.
That means unplugging it, otherwise the board remains partially powered
so that Wake-On-LAN works.

> Unfortunately the nfs is still hanging after running certain commands
> within the nfs mount though.

Check for errors in /proc/net/dev  -- do not rely on the output of
'ifconfig' or 'netstat' which summarize only some of the error types.