[eepro100] How to test DMA start-up latency in eepro100

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Mar 28 11:02:01 2002

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, shigang wrote:

> I want to test the DMA start-up overhead in eepro100, but I couldn't
> find more information about DMA operation in eepro100's linux
> driver. Could you give me some answer?

Please clarify: what are you looking to test?
It sounds as if what you really want is the trace from a PCI bus
analyzer, which will directly tell you how long it takes between issuing
a command and the bus master transfer starts.