AW: [eepro100] 82559ER

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@alcatel.at
Fri Mar 8 02:30:01 2002

IMO, you have two possibilities:

(1) Stay on the PXE: Use GNU GRUB, which deliveres a PXE diskless
version
of the GNU GRUB. This bootloader GRUB is one of the best I have ever
seen
and used. After GRUB is bootsrapped, GRUB can load quite nearly all OSes
locally or from net. Also the menu|config file can be loaded from net
an organized centrally.

(2) You use `etherboot' (replace net-boot ROM contents) and you can boot
the desired OS directly or (my prefered solution) you use the GRUB
(nbgrub)
image to load via `etherboot', and then see GRUB in (1).

GRUB:       www.gnu.org
Etherboot:  etherboot.sourceforge.net

With friendly regards
Christoph Plattner