[eepro100] eepro100 on SuSE Linux

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed Jun 26 17:21:00 2002

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Olson, John C wrote:

> All the switch ports here are hard-coded for 100/Full.  That's why I'm
> trying for that particular setting.

OK, then FDX is valid, but you should slap the network admin around for
doing forced-full-duplex.

> I am running mii-diag as root, and that is what I get.  How do I check / set
> CAP_NET_ADMIN capability?

In a normal Linux system all capabilities should be set when you are root.

Try doing
   mii-diag -A 0x01e1
That's not the setting you want, but it will verify that the transceiver
write isn't working.

> I tried setting options to 0x200 (as in the doc) but that didn't work
> either.  Forgot to mention that in my original posting.

What is the 'mii-diag' output?
Try both
   options=0x200
and
   options=0x200  full_duplex=1

The options=0x200 should override, but...