[eepro100] RedHat-6.2 and (IBM) Dual Port Server Adapter.

Tue Jun 18 14:28:00 2002

Bill Schoolcraft wrote:

> Hello Family,
>
> I'm trying to see if there is any current information on the stability
> of the IBM "10/100 Dual Port Server Adapter", IBM part number 22P4901
>
> We have reports of some latency problems and we upgraded to the Donald
> Becker 1.21 driver and we are getting some errors like the following:
>
> Command 0000 was not immediately accepted, 104 ticks!
> Command 0000 was not immediately accepted, 106 ticks!
> eth0: Unknown receiver error, status=0x7048.
> Command 0000 was not immediately accepted, 222 ticks!

while i have not tried this adapter, do these errors cause problems?
I have 1 system that has a lot of:
Command 0000 was not immediately accepted, 107 ticks!
Command 0000 was not immediately accepted, 102 ticks!
Command 0000 was not immediately accepted, 114 ticks!

(about 4-5 a week, 145 total year to date)

I haven't recieved the Unknown reciever error yet, at least
since the beginning of the year(my syslog server keeps logs for
6 months)

but from what I can tell it has no noticable impact on the system.
running driver v1.17b on a Intel L440GX+ with onboard eepro100.
its the only system on my networks that give the message ..

nate

--
Nate Amsden
System Administrator