[eepro100] Intel 82562ET EEPRO/100 freezing problems

Danilo Godec danci@agenda.si
Mon Jan 21 07:27:01 2002

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Lucian Daniel Kafka wrote:

> One problem is that I'm getting an eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!
> error message, after which the ethernet interface becomes dead. The second
> problem is that the server completely freezes (screen blank, keyboard (even
> CAPS key) dead) - I can only reset/or switch it off. I'm not sure if this
> second problem is related to the first one (they don't necessarily happen
> at the same time).

Do you have 10Mbps connection? This has ALWAYS happened to me with Intel
motherboards using on-board LAN when I connected it to 10Mbps. So far, I
have no solution.

Check if you are connecting the LAN port to 10Mbps and then try (if you
are and if you can) connecting it to 100Mbps.

   D.