[eepro100] About eepro "out of resources" bug

Serge Sozonoff serge@globalbeach.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:57:09 +0100

Hi All,

I am building a Linux based load balancer using LVS and I have run into
the "out of resource" bug when I start to generate load
on my load balancer. Obviously this is not very good, and I do not think
it is normal behavior.

I am running RH 7.1 with a 2.4.10 kernel and I have dual onboard
i82557/8/9 NIC's
the eepro100 driver is the one that came with the kernel

I am using a tool called testlvs to simulate load.

I have used eepro100-diag to disable sleep mode and I was still getting
the message after this.
eepro100-diag -G 0 -ww

I then changed the following values in the eepro100.c driver code

txfifo=15
rxfifo=15

TX_RING_SIZE 64
RX_RING_SIZE 64

I am not getting the "out of resource" error anymore, but I need to do a
bit more testing before I am convinced.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Serge