[eepro100] Intel PRO/100 VE driver

Pering, Trevor trevor.pering@intel.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:41:41 -0700

Hello... I have a new ThinkPad T23 laptop, and I just got networking going
and I thought I'd share a change I had to make. I'm not quite sure what the
"proper" thing to do with it is, which is why I'm sending it to this list.

Under w2k, when I check the networking properties, the card is listed as
"Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection"

To get it to work under Linux, I had to add the following lines to the
eepro100.c driver:

      {"Intel Pro/100 VE Network",                            { 0x10318086,
0xffffffff,},
       SPEEDO_IOTYPE, SPEEDO_SIZE, 0, },

It seems to work ok, but I haven't used it extensively yet...

	Trevor