[eepro100] Re: Problem on Intel Pro/100 751767-004 adapter

thhsieh@linux.org.tw thhsieh@linux.org.tw
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:33:36 +0800

: > Because we are setting up a cluster to do the parallel computing.
:
: Forcing full duplex is only reasonable on fiber links.
: You should always use autonegotiation with modern equipment.
[deleted ....]
: This is the typical error pattern when you have incorrectly forced full
: duplex on this end of the link.
:
: You your link partner has forced full duplex, you will get out-of-window
: errors on transmit.

Hello,

Yes, You are right. Now I find my mistakes. I set the full duplex
options to all my cluster with the eepro100 adapters. Strangely
the adapters we brought one year ago do not have the performance
problem when I set the full duplex mode. But now they do have the
problem with the new one we brought one week ago. Now I removed
the full duplex option, and everything works very well.

Thank you very much for your help :-))

: > eepro100.c:v1.09j-t 9/29/99 Donald Becker
: +http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/eepro100.html
: > eepro100.c: $Revision: 1.36 $ 2000/11/17 Modified by Andrey V. Savochkin
: +<saw@saw.sw.com.sg> and others
:
: Note that this driver has split from the driver I support.

OK, I see.

: Please try my driver
:    http://www.scyld.com/network/eepro100.html
:       ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/eepro100.c

For interests, I tried your driver as well. But it seems that your
driver is still for kernel 2.3.X or even earlier, right? It cannot