[eepro100] MAC address incorrect

Crisp, Will will.crisp@msfc.nasa.gov
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:26:56 -0600

Hi all-
	It appears my Ethernet card's address is being incorrectly
determined when the driver for my card loads.  I have run the diagnostics on
the card and it determines the address is:
00:90:27:c5:f0:31 and says the EEPROM checksum is okay.
when linux loads the driver for my card it determines the address is:
00:A4:00:80:D2:9C and says the EEPROM checksum in invalid.
I was unable to use DHCP client under linux with the incorrect address, but
when I forced the address to what it should be using 'ifconfig' DHCP worked
okay.  This is a hack though, and I don't want to have to do that
everytime...if anyone has any ideas how to fix this problem please let me
know.  I believe I have the most recent driver, and I have included the
messages I get when the driver loads at the end of this message.
Thanks,
-Will

eth0: Invalid EEPROM checksum 0x60fe, check settings before activating this
device!
eth0: Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100 at 0x1000, 00:A4:00:80:D2:9C, IRQ 11.
  Receiver lock-up bug exists -- enabling work-around.
  Board assembly 800080-000, Physical connectors present:
  Primary interface chip None PHY #0.
  General self-test: passed.
  Serial sub-system self-test: passed.
  Internal registers self-test: passed.
  ROM checksum self-test: passed (0x04f4518b).
  Receiver lock-up workaround activated.