[eepro100] Sleep Bit mode and EEPROM fix?

Kallol Biswas kallol@bugula.fpk.hp.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:28:03 EDT

Hi,
    The scb status returning all f and the card "eating" management packets
are two different problems. If you believe that the card eats packets then
apply the BMC upgrade from Intel's page, it has the work around for the
TCO controller.

It is doubtful that you are getting the problem due to sleepmode,
we have the problem in our Itanium box, as WXB PCI agent returns
-1 since the card fails to respond to read request sometime
under high stess when sleep mode bit is turned on. Your system
might have similar problem.

Kallol