[eepro100] new driver compile

Justin Banks justinb@tricord.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:45:12 -0500 (CDT)

  Djamil> finally got it compiling on a 2.4.X series but at each IRQ caused by
  Djamil> the net (eth0) i get this in the klog "Warning: kfree_skb on hard
  Djamil> IRQ e09744ad" also literally pucked on the console !

  Djamil> really sceary thing to see but the seems to wrk fine .... ssh for
  Djamil> now ...

  Djamil> btw i could only build it as a module in the linux tree. i'll say i
  Djamil> hacked it ...  as a module by it self -- no way as a part of the
  Djamil> kernel -- no way

You need to change dev_free_skb in eepro100.c to dev_kfree_skb_irq. I did a

#define dev_free_skb(a) dev_kfree_skb_irq((a))

in eepro100.c

I've gotten it to work on 2.4.7, and while it's not as fast as it was in
2.2.16, it seems to work just fine.

-justinb

--
Justin Banks Tricord, Inc. justinb@tricord.com
Distrust any enterprise that requires new clothes. -Thoreau