[eepro100] i82555 lock-up

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:29:36 -0300 (BRT)

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Luc Lalonde wrote:

> I'm trying to pin down the source of my system lockups.  I've got an
> onboard(SystemWorks) i82555 network card on a Dell PowerEdge2400 and I
> suspect that it's the source of my lock-ups.

Are there reproducible causes, and what is the network speed?

> I'm running kernel 2.4.7 now but the lockup occured with 2.4.7-pre6.
> I've been upgrading my kernel every time I had a lock-up since 2.4.2.

Check the kernel ChangeLog to see if there was a driver update. AFAICR
there has been no modification to the kernel eepro100 driver since
11/2000. You might try Donald's driver, Intel's driver, or paging
Andrey, I guess.

> I the kernel messages it says that the workaround is enabled...Could it
> be that there are still problems?  Here are the relevant messages:

There seem to be a load of lockup problems with these cards (blame Intel,
I guess), and while I think that particular bug is fixed a variety of them
still remain.

Take care,