[eepro100] eepro100 hangs on 10 Mbps LAN

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 11:50:52 -0300 (BRT)

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Danilo Godec wrote:

> > Presumably a 10Mbps repeater, correct?
> >

> Well, yes, a plain, 'silly' 10Mbps Compex hub. I need to test this as our
> machines are often connected to 10Mbps LANs.

Note that I have had the same trouble with a very similar setup. My
temporary workaround has been to use Intel's e100 driver, but I would much
rather get Donald's driver working.

> No, no message. The machine locks up hard in a moment, it probably has no
> chance to write anything down. Even the CTRL-ALT-DEL or SysRq don't work.
> The only key that works is the HW reset button.

Same symptoms here.

> Well, I have a lot of Intel D815EEA-LAN motherboards out there and I only
> have problems with those connected to 10 Mbps. I can run tests (ttcp) in
> our local 100 Mbps LAN to make sure though (ttcp is what I use to make a
> lot of LAN traffic).

Same sort of problem I had: under heavy load, or when using multiple
connections (one ftp and one ssh, for example), hard lockups occurred. My
original messages are in last month's
archive: http://www.scyld.com/pipermail/eepro100/2001-June/001735.html

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311