[eepro100] Kernel 2.2.19 & cobalt raq3

Samuel Dupas samuel.dupas@synaptique.co.uk
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:13:49 +0100

Hello,

[Intro]
I have a web server on cobalt raq3 with thje kernel 2.2.16 (the last
kernel release by Cobalt Systems)
But there is a problem on the kernel since 2.2.15 and the bug is fixed
only in the kernel 2.2.19 ( it's do_try_to_free_pages failed for XXX where
XXX is the programs you are running).

My only solution is to update my kernel to 2.2.19
Unfortunately, Cobalt didn't release the kernel 2.2.19 yet ...
And the kernels provided by cobalt have specials features for the specific
hardware.

I'm working on compiling a kernel 2.2.19 on a cobalt and with applying the
patchs I can.
I found the patches that cobalt applied to a offical kernel 2.2.16 in
order to obtain their kernel.

[Question]
And here is my problem :
The cobalt raq3 include a ethernet card ee100pro (that's why I'm posting
here :-)
If I let the eepro100.c as it is on the 2.2.19 kernel, it doesn't work any
more.
(I mean the kernel compile, but when I tried the brand new kernel, the
network was not working ...)

If I apply the patches of cobalt, all the modifications doesn't work (the
patch command create a .rej file)
But the compilation is done without problems and the kernel work fine (at
least I think)

My question is If the patches didn't apply succesfully, it might still
have bug.
So Is there someone who have already worked (or heard) about the specific
code of the eepro100 card in the cobalt and the patches or e eepro100.c
that will works with the cobalt

I can eventually show you all the files ( eepro100.c from kernel 2.2.19 ,
patches from cobalt to apply on the kernel 2.2.16, and eepro100.c of the
official kernel 2.2.16) ...

Thanks in advance

Samuel