[eepro100] Re: Integrated Pro/100 on Intel D815EEA - serious problem

Noll Janos johnzero-eepro100@johnzero.hu
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:49:12 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

On 21-Feb-2001 Andrey Savochkin wrote:
>> [...]
>> eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!
>
> It's interesting to know which command caused this timeout.
> I debugged some similar problems with the attached patch.

 After the patch, it says:

 *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.1/kernel/drivers/net/eepro100.o
 The symbols were _stext and _etext

 Maybe I patched the eepro100.c too much (I tried many patches, to solve the
problem.)

 Anyway, currently I can't do more testing, as we placed another networkcard in
the machine, and put it to production.

 What I can say, is that we used the machine in two setups
 - when it was connected to a 100 MBps HUP - we had no problem
 - when it was connected to a (Cisco) switch - timeout errors

 Don't know if this helps...

 If you need people to do testing with your "debug" patch, just search on
"eepro100 wait_for_cmd_done timeout" on Deja.com, you'll find plenty.

 Noll Janos