[eepro100] epro100 problems

Stephen Carr sgcarr@civeng.adelaide.edu.au
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:51:40 +1030

Dear members of the list.

For your information I had what I suspect to be a problem
performing backups over a network using the epro100 driver. Driver
used is as per the 2.4.1 kernel and using dump with the card set to
100Mbs full duplex. The server would lockup hard and require a
reset - the error message on the console was a scsi timeout on the
disc. Furthermore when this occurred you could not telnet etc to
the server. One characteristic seemed to be the volume being
backed up. At the moment the clients are still using the epro100
driver.

I switched to the latest Intel driver and had no problems backing up
about 10GB.

Yours
Stephen Carr

Stephen Carr
Computing Officer
University of Adelaide
Adelaide, South Australia,
Australia 5005
Phone +618 8303-4313
Fax   +618 8303-4359
Email sgcarr@civeng.adelaide.edu.au
and contains information which may be confidential and/or
copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
do not read, save, forward, disclose, or copy the contents
of this email. If this email has been sent to you in error,
please notify the sender by reply email and delete this
email and any copies or links to this email completely and
immediately from your system.  No representation is made
that this email is free of viruses.  Virus scanning is