[eepro100] Intel PRO/100 S Dual Port Server adapter

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:13:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> On 14.08.2001 at 23:27:56, Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> > [[ Background: very old Pentium machine, no IRQ or memory region assigned.]]

I suspect this machine's BIOS is very old.

> > > Okay, I'll give this a shot. Should I point out the fact that I've got a
> PCI
> > > Realtek card which works fine without any voodoo required?
> >
> > The Realtek card will work with an I/O region, but the IRQ assignment
> > should be common code.  Try swapping PCI slots.
>
> I've only got two to choose from, and I got the same result with the card in the
> other slot.
>
> I've looked back over my previous communications and I think I've failed to
> point this out:
>
> PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.00 entry at 0xfc9b7
> PCI: Using configuration type 1
..
> PCI: Device 01:20 not found by BIOS
> PCI: Device 01:28 not found by BIOS
>
> Is it of any consequence?

I believe so, but it doesn't explain why the Realtek card works, and the
eepro100 card does not.

My current guess is that the card is somehow in D3 state.  The
'pci-scan' module is needed to bring the card out of D3 state.