[eepro100] VESA causes "eth0: card reports no resources" ?!?! part 2

Schofield,Joe joe.schofield@echostar.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 18:20:38 -0600

I forgot to mention that I can recreate the "eth0: card reports no
resources" error by holding down control -L to refresh the screen when
booted into a VESA mode.  (been using mode 301 and 303, both do the same.)
However, text mode 5 works fine, no errors.

To reproduce:
Alt-F1

login as root
type tail -f /var/log/messages

Alt-F2

login as root
hold down the control-L for a few seconds.

Alt-F1
look to see if the error was listed.

You may have to cause some other message to appear because syslogd will only
report so many per minute.  If you login into another console it will put a
message in the log causing it to flush the eth0: card... message.

Joe