[eepro100] Understanding MII Diagnostic program

strider@atlantis-tech.com strider@atlantis-tech.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:04:45 -0400 (EDT)

Having read through the documentation for the MII diag program I think I
have a pretty good grasp on it. One thing I haven't figured out is, how to
determine exactly what the nic is running at. As far as I can tell, I can
understand the advertised abilities that were sent by the eepro, and the
link partner ability. But based on those two sets, how do I determine
exactly what the card was set to?

For example, the link partner advertises:

100baseTx-FD 100baseTx 10baseT-FD 10baseT

And the nic is advertising:

 Flow-control 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx 10baseT-FD 10baseT

So, how do I determine what the card is actually running at?