Poor Performance

Michael Baird mike@tc3net.com
Mon Mar 27 17:30:24 2000

I'm having a problem with throughput with my intel eepro100 nic's.  I'm
using them under 2.2.15pre15 per recommendations on this list, using
arcserve client w eepro-100's I get very poor performance and high cpu
utilization, my linux boxes are all dual-PII 300's, our hub is a 10/100
Officeconnect by 3COM.  I've forced this card to full-duplex/100MB and
mii-diag confirms this, but it doesn't help with my backup operations,
6MB/s is horrible.  With 3com NIC's I get around 30mb on identical
configured linux box, is there something I'm missing, or any other
diagnostic tool I can try, I really would rather use Intel NIC's rather
then 3Com's.

Thanks
MIKE