I need more comments/suggestions -- Re: Intel Pro 100+ Dual Port Server Adapter

Bryan -TheBS- Smith thebs@theseus.com
Thu Mar 2 13:27:08 2000

On Thu, 02 Mar 2000, Jerry Glomph Black wrote:
> The dual-Intel card we have has the 82557.

I've never had a problem with the i82557 (used many), nor the
i82559 (but only have 2 in use).  But this was my first i82558.
Bad things man, bad things!

> As I said before, indistinguishable from 2 separate cards

Figured as such.  Just wondering how you are using them?

-- TheBS

P.S.  Does it have a PCI-PCI bridge?  I assume not because they
seem to be on the same PCI bus:
>   Bus  2, device   5, function  0:
>   Bus  2, device   4, function  0:

P.S.S.  I have not read the ettique/FAQ of this list (yes, I know,
am I bad!).  Is it proper to post responses back to the list?  Or
should I be taking them private???

--
 Bryan "TheBS" Smith -- Engineer, IT Professional and Hacker
      E-mail:  mailto:thebs@theseus.com,b.j.smith@ieee.org