Error Message...

Angel Hernandez angelh1@home.com
Fri Jan 14 05:59:02 2000

Hello,

I've just installed a second NIC card on my Linux box, which is an
"Intel InBusiness 10/100 PCI." Unfortunately, I don't know the exact
chipset.

Now here's the situation.

My old Intel card is an "EtherExpress Pro 10/100" and used the i82555
chipset I believe. This was working with the driver "eepro" (without the
100)

Now my new card would not work using "eepro" so I downloaded "eepro100",
and my system found the card right away, and all appeared to be well.
Well, that is, until about a minute or two later when the following
message began streaming down my screen:

"eth1: Transmit timed out: status 0050 0070 at 0/12 command 00010000"
"eth1: Trying to restart the transmitter"

Also, once this happens, eth0 goes bad as well. I'm using eth0 for my
Internet connection and eth1 for my internal network. So once the
messages appears, I can't connect with the Internet on eth0.

Anyhow, I'm not to hardware savvy in this area, so... what do these
messages mean that I need to do?

Thanks,

Angel Hernandez