Problems with etherexpress pro 100 under Suse-Linux 6.2

Peter Arien Peter.Arien@cc.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Feb 16 10:09:54 2000

Daniel

Menzel wrote:
> > sorry to abuse you, but maybe you could help me figuring out where the
> > later described problems could lie.

I had the same problem. Here's the answer I got from Andrey V. Savochkin:

>Transmit timeouts because of an inaccurate transmit ring management
>is a known problem for eepro100 driver.
>Aliases may only trigger it, or may be unrelated to the timeouts at all.
>You may try the driver from
>ftp://ftp.nc.orc.ru/pub/Linux/people/saw/kernel/

I compiled the new eepro100 module, installed it and had no problems since.

Greetings

--
Peter

 K.U.Leuven - LUDIT             -=-=-=- Tel: +32 16 322219
 peter.arien@cc.kuleuven.ac.be  -=-=-=- http://padec.cc.kuleuven.ac.be