[eepro100] second ethernet card dropped?

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:40:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, hsiao-yu chen wrote:
> I have one eepro card,(eth0) which has been working good for a few years. I
> want to use another ethernet interface, using the last generation management
> plus adapter.
> alias eth1 eepro100
> alias eth0 eepro100
>
> then, I rebooted the computer and eth0 is working but eth1 is not there.
> >ifconfig
> eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:D0:B7:6C:47:7B
..
> lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
..
> As you can see, ifconfig shows no sign of eth1.

Well, that's only because it's not configured.
Do
  ifconfig -a
or
  ifconfig eth1
and you'll see the interface is there, but hasn't been assigned an IP
address or route.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403