[eepro100] Installing pci-scan module

Gianni Mariani gianni@mariani.ws
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:57:18 -0700

On redhat, "modprobe" is used to install modules.  It looks at the
/lib/modules/kern-vers/modules.dep file to see what is dependant
on what.  So make sure that eepro100.o is dependant on pci-scan.o
and viola all you need is "alias eth1 eepro100" .  BTW - alias eth0
is all you need if they are the same type NIC since you need only
load the driver once - no harm in having it in there twice.

To test it -
rmmod eepro100.o
rmmod pci-scan.o
modprobe eepro100.o <<< if this works - yer all set !