[eepro100] Interrupts Question ...

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 11:22:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Aymeric BLAZY wrote:

> I am using five eepro100 cards on a linux box that i am installing.
> This box is running a 2.2.12 kernel on a RedHat-6.1 distribution.
> Support of this card it's done by module with the latest revision :
>
> eepro100.c:v1.10a 4/15/00 Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>
>   http://www.scyld.com/network/eepro100.html
>
> For now i only use one of this card for installation purpose ... eth0
>
> As i see, eth1, eth4, etc etc share the same IRQ.
> I would like to know if i am about to run on IRQ problem on this box .. box
> freeze etc etc ...
>  11:      12988          XT-PIC  eth1, eth4
>  15:      12989          XT-PIC  eth2, eth3

Is this a four-port card, or five single port cards?
  Many x86 BIOSes have a bug when assigning IRQs behind a bus bridge, and you
  have to test that all ports are able to raise an interrupt.
Otherwise you should have no problem.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403