FYI: 2.0.38 hangs with BIOS-Option wake on lan enabled

Frank Schmirler schmirler@komuna-online.de
Thu Apr 27 08:34:30 2000

Hello,

just in case it helps to improove the driver: When the "Wake on LAN"
option is enabled, the complete linux-box hangs as soon as the first
IP-Packet leaves the interface (2.0.38). With 2.0.36 everything is fine.
I noticed several changes of the driver in 2.0.37 so this fact might be
interesting for you. Might be a buggy BIOS as well, as changing to
an older version also solved the problem. Here is what I was using:

BIOS-Version: W6165MS V1.3 (downgrading to V1.2 solved the problem)
Board: MSI 6165 V1.0

regards,
--
Frank Schmirler                           schmirler@komuna-online.de
komuna online                             Tel.:    (08 21) 25 96 - 360