Card not detected problem

Sriram sriram@nus.edu.sg
Tue Apr 11 01:06:14 2000

Hello All,

I am new to Linux and installed Mandrake 7 on a new HDD on a AST MS
5166 which has the Pro100 ethernet card.

For some reason, linux does not seem to detect the card. I can get ALL
the relevant info re the card from the DOS utility program for the card
(its using PCI interrupt 10, bus 0, slot 3, device 03h, 10 MBps,
half-duplex) and it also tests fine.

It could be that the BIOS setting is in a plug 'n play mode but for the
moment, I dont seem to have access to the BIOS password. Am I out of
luck in getting Linux to recognize the card ? Or is there another way
to get into the BIOS ?

thanks

Sriram