'Transmit Timed out ' problem not fixed after upgrade the driver

Martin Siu SiuM@halcrow.com.hk
Mon Nov 22 21:24:59 1999

Dear all,

My linux box is Redhat 6.0 with Kernel 2.2.5-15CLE and the network
card is Intel EEPRO 100. It is used to run the 'tcpdump' command to
capture the network traffic. Same as you, I always got a 'Time out'
problem when running the application for a long time in past.
Yesterday, I have upgraded the driver from v1.09l to v1.09t. Today I
can telnet to the system and assume that everything seems OK.
Unfortunately, I get the error message again when I am using the ftp
to get the application results and the error message is shown as
below.

Could anyone tell me what I need to do? Is it necessary to add any
parameters / options when installing the eepro100 modules?  I will
plan to build up the proxy server later, but the network card problem
can make me to stop on here.

Regards,

Martin Siu

Error Message:
eth0: Transmit timed out: status 0090  0020 at 14493/14511 commands
000c0000 000
c0000 000c0000.
eth0: Tx ring dump,  Tx queue 14511 / 14493:
eth0:   0 000c0000.
eth0:   1 000c0000.
eth0:   30 000c0000.
eth0:   31 000c0000.
eth0:Printing Rx ring (next to receive into 75485).
  Rx ring entry 0  00000001.
  Rx ring entry 1  00000001.
Rx ring entry 30  00000001.
  Rx ring entry 31  00000001.
  PHY index 1 register 0 is 3000.
  PHY index 1 register 1 is 782d.
  PHY index 1 register 2 is 02a8.
  PHY index 1 register 3 is 0150.
  PHY index 1 register 4 is 01e1.
  PHY index 1 register 5 is 0021.
  PHY index 1 register 21 is 0000.
eth0: Tx ring dump,  Tx queue 14511 / 14493:
eth0:   0 000c0000.
eth0:   1 000c0000.
eth0:   2 00030000.