"Transmit timed out" error. Bad hardware?

David St. John david@windcall.com
Thu Nov 11 08:58:32 1999

Just to follow up, installing version 1.09t of Donald's driver did the
trick.  Everything is back to normal.  Thanks to all who suggested I try
that (and thanks to Donald for writing it!).

Out of curiosity, this card worked great for 18 months with the original
driver (which came with Redhat 5.1, v0.36 I think), without reporting any
error messages.  There were no changes to the system.  That's why I
suspected a hardware fault.  Anyone know why I would start getting "tx
timeout" errors all of a sudden?
--
David St. John
Call of the Wind