eepro100 frame errors with SMP

Rogier Wolff R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl
Fri Mar 12 01:55:04 1999

Langis, Richard wrote:
> I'm no expert on anything, but I DO have a quad-processor system with one
> Pro/100B and one Pro/100+, running kernel 2.2.0.  ifconfig shows no TX (or
> RX, for that matter) errors.  cat /proc/pci shows latency at 128 for both
> adapters.

It is especially the OTHER PCI devices that are interesting in this
respect.

I have the impression that some chipsets can get into a state where
the CPU is banging on main-memory, that PCI busmasters don't get their
bandwidth requirement.

			Roger.

*   Never blow in a cat's ear because if you do, usually after three or  *
*   four times, they will bite your lips!  And they don't let go for at  *
*   least a minute. -- Lisa Coburn, age 9