New test version of eepro100.c available

Tom Eastep eastep@loc1.tandem.com
Thu Jul 1 17:19:45 1999

Zivago 'Jaeman' Lee wrote:

> That *is* very odd.. I also saw that some people who get these messages
> have 2 of these NICs (I do too).
>
> Donald: any thoughts?

I saw these messages on my SMP server with 2 eepro100B NICs that shared
the same IRQ. I could reliably hang both NICs by doing a "ping -f"
through either card. Within a few seconds of starting ping, I would get
these timeout messages; the messages were for only one of the cards but
the other card was equally hosed. I have changed my BIOS setup to allow
each card to have its own interrupt and I can no longer induce the
failure with ping.

-Tom
--
Tom Eastep