Eepro100 Cardbus PCMCIA on Texas Extensa 710
Fri Feb 26 03:01:08 1999
I'm trying to use an Intel EtherExpress CardBus Mobile Adapter (PCMCIA)
on a Texas Extensa 710 notebook.
I did the following configuration:
- downloaded the latest pcmcia-cs package, and configured on the linux
kernel I use (2.2.0-pre8)
- enabled cardbus extensions on pcmcia-cs package and kernel
- used dump_cis to obtain card info
- compiled eepro100.c using cardbus #defines and renamed the module
- modified /etc/pcmcia/config.opts in order to allow proper IRQ and IO
- inserted cis informations in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts
- loaded cardbus modules
but I'm not able get my card working: when I try insmod eepro100_cb.o I
get the following error:
insmod: eepro100_cb.o device or resource busy
(or something like) but the card does not start. I tried some kernel
versions (ranging from 2.0.36 to 2.2.0-pre8) and some pcmcia package
from 3.05 to 3.08, with the same result.
The card works under Win95 and the notebook works with a different
network card, so I can exclude any configuration mismatch or hardware
Probably I'm missing something or I did something wrong: may you help me
or point me to the right way to get my card working ?
Thank you for your help and greetings from Italy!
Alessandro "Alex" Bruciamonti