your mail

Peter T. Breuer ptb@it.uc3m.es
Thu Feb 25 23:52:24 1999

"A month of sundays ago erhnam@algonet.se wrote:"

> This the kernels i used is 2.0.36, 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 all with the same problem.
>
> The lockups happends when my system/nic load is high. Im using 10 mbit / half
> duplex. The card starts working again if i do ifconfig down/up.
> my system is a k6-2 (mvp3 chipset) and i got an adaptec 2940uw card in it (but
> no conflicts).

I had exactly the same symtoms. eepro100 plus adaptec on 10BT net. Card
stopd at random times and has to be up/downed. The machines offline
at the moment (its maxtor disk makes too much noise) so I can't check.
I was ifconfigging it up/down every day preemptively. Kernels 2.0.25-36.

Peter ptb@it.uc3m.es