v1.03 on Alpha, 2.1.122/111

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 30 20:50:54 1998

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Gus Buerkle wrote:

> I am running Linux 2.1.x on an Alpha 164LX.  I had been using a 3Com 905TX
> card, but always encountered kernel panics whenever the eth0 interface was
> brought up under 2.1.x (worked fine for 2.0.x).  So the switch was made

Hmmm, I don't regularly test my drivers under 2.1.* on the Alpha.
I run 2.0.35 on my Alpha at home.

> So I decided to move up to the v1.03 driver
> Then I built the 2.1.123 kernel with eepro100.c v1.03 as a module.
> When bringing the interface up, no errors are encountered, but nothing
> happens.  I'd like to get the new driver working, whether as a module
> or built in.  Here are some diagnostics:

Does it work under 2.0.35?

> Separately, I cannot compile the eepro-diag program from becker's site.
> The following gcc error results:
> [root@dunkel linux-2.1.122]# gcc -O -Wall -o eepro-diag eepro100-diag.c
> In file included from eepro100-diag.c:30:
> /usr/include/linux/in.h:109: parse error before `sa_family_t'

I suspect that this is a 2.1.122 kernel bug.

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html