card produces very high load

Scott Stone sstone@ume.pht.co.jp
Sun Aug 23 20:29:48 1998

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Joachim von Thadden wrote:

> What I also investigated is, that the used interrupt (15) is almost the
> whole time high! Here are some system information:

>  #cat /proc/interrupts
>  0:     367868   timer
>  1:        830   keyboard
>  2:          0   cascade
>  4:         11 + serial
>  8:          0 + rtc
> 10:      21117   eth1
> 13:      49864 + IPI
> 14:      22865   aic7xxx
> 15:      44363   Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100 Ethernet
>
>  #cat /proc/pci
> PCI devices found:

>     IDE interface: Intel 82371AB PIIX4 IDE (rev 1).
>       Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.
> Latency=32.
>       I/O at 0xd800.

Hm, let's see, you're using IRQs 14 and 15 with your SCSI and Ethernet...
but you have an IDE interface enabled on your system - IDE uses either 14
or 15 - I'd guess in your case, it might be using 15 :)

Scott M. Stone <sstone@pht.com, sstone@turbolinux.com>
               <sstone@pht.co.jp>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)