Problems with communication via PVM part 2

ala ala@shadowline.com
Sat May 6 16:38:13 2000

Hi everyone,

My problem is still actual.
I use it like that:

  Initialize parent process,
  Initialize bproc,
  Initialize pvm_daemon (from parent application),
  Check my pvm_tid and after fork() execute worker process,
  as parameters pass parent pvm_tid and count of process copies.
  Worker process duplicate self and move (using bproc move function)
  to the remote nodes.
  After that it try to login into parent process and get task to
  calculate, but it send message like that:
       libpvm [t40006] mxfer() select: Bad file descriptor
       libpvm [t40006]: pvm_send(): Can't contact local daemon
  It is inessential it was moved to local machine with started pvmd or
  remote.

  I try to initialize pvmd after move to remote node - still not work.

  Processes are moving to the remote nodes but can't contact to the
  pvmd why?

  In pvm documentation is write that process after move shouldn't
  start pvm daemon on remote machine.

  I'm using latest pvm compiled as BEOLIN. All nodes share /tmp
  directory (not /tmps, but environment variable PVM_TMP is set to
  /tmp).

  When I use only fork() and not move process to remote nodes all work
  correctly.

  I know I'm wearying but I need to start this calculation ASAP.

Best regards,
 ala                          mailto:ala@shadowline.com