[Beowulf] OpenMPI over libfabric (was Re: Top 5 reasons why mailing lists are better than Twitter)

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Mon Nov 21 19:16:09 UTC 2022

On 11/21/22 4:39 am, Scott Atchley wrote:

> We have OpenMPI running on Frontier with libfabric. We are using HPE's
> CXI (Cray eXascale Interface) provider instead of RoCE though.

Yeah I'm curious to know if Matt's issues are about OpenMPI->libfabric
or libfabric->RoCE ?

FWIW we're using Cray's MPICH over libfabric (also over CXI), the ABI
portability of MPICH is really useful to us as it allows us to patch
containers used via Shifter to replace their MPI libraries with the Cray
ones and have their code use the HSN natively.

All the best,
Chris
--
Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA