[Beowulf] Top 5 reasons why mailing lists are better than Twitter

Matthew Wallis mattw at madmonks.org
Sat Nov 19 07:56:55 UTC 2022

;-)

1. Less spam.
2. Private DMs, just email the person.
3. Long form.
4. No social media plagues of likes, dislikes, ratios.
5. Identity verification via gpg

Not necessarily a comprehensive list, and there’s definitely something to be said for twitter’s bitesized content making it easy to consume a stream of consciousness from around the world, both positive, and negative.

On topic, if anyone has experience using libfabric with OpenMPI I’d be interested to hear. I need to do a little more poking, but trying to get RoCE on anything other than Mellanox still seems to be painful.

Matt.