[Beowulf] Infiniband for MPI computations setup guide

leo camilo lhcamilo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 10:08:21 UTC 2021

 I have recently acquired a few ConnectX-3 cards and an unmanaged IB switch
(IS5022) to upgrade my department's beowulf cluster.

Thus far, I have been able to verify that the cards and switch work via the
MFT and opensource tools in ubuntu,

Though, I was wondering if anyone knew of any guide or resources for
setting up a cluster for MPI based computations in a linux/debian
environment? Some guides about how to make it work with SLURM would also be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, I am often a user of clusters, but
it is my first time setting one up.

Cheers,

Leonardo