[Beowulf] [EXTERNAL] server lift

Lux, Jim (US 7140) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 19 18:44:12 UTC 2021

That’s an interesting idea.. suspending it from above gives you some “wiggle room” as you try to line it up with the rack shelf, or engage the rack slides. That’s always been the hassle – holding up the 30 kg box while trying to get it aligned just so to get BOTH slides inserted.
I can see the safety people getting a bit nervous about people getting “under” the suspended load (imagine loading into the top slot of a tall rack). But that’s more a process and training thing. And the right design for the rolling gantry.