[Beowulf] [EXT] fdr in edr switch

Tina Friedrich tina.friedrich at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 2 09:31:35 UTC 2021

Hi Michael,

for what it's worth... Although this sort of thing always makes me
nervous, as well, it really should not cause trouble - whilst I haven't
yet uplinked FDR into EDR as such I've done pretty much all of DDR into
QDR, (QLogic) DDR & QDR into (Mellanox) FDR, Mellanox EDR into a
TrueScale QDR fabric, ... and most of these involved GPFS. Don't think I
ever had trouble caused by the speed mix.

Tina

On 01/03/2021 20:08, Michael Di Domenico wrote:
> alright thanks everyone, i'll give it a whirl.  my trepidation stems
> from the fact that this is a massive live storage network i'm plugging
> into and i was an attendee at some of the early IBTA plugfests where
> bad things happened when you did weird stuff...  (though that was a
> long time ago now)

Tina Friedrich, Advanced Research Computing Snr HPC Systems Administrator

Research Computing and Support Services
IT Services, University of Oxford
http://www.arc.ox.ac.uk http://www.it.ox.ac.uk