[Beowulf] Anyone have docs/URLs/resources covering Grid Engine vs SLURM deltas or migration?

Alex Chekholko alex at calicolabs.com
Fri Jan 29 20:25:29 UTC 2021

Hi Chris,

Having gone through this migration on several small clusters over the
years, I can say that initially it seems pretty scary but in the end it was
all actually very straightforward.  Obviously all the names of the
resources and queues/partitions change and the user command names change
but all the concepts stay the same and map directly.  Much like migrating
from torque to sge back in the day.

For specific technical details, I like this wiki, maintained by one person
from the slurm mailing list:
https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/SLURM

Regards,
Alex