[Beowulf] apline linux [EXT]

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Feb 1 14:53:17 UTC 2021

Yes. in theory, although whether it’s worthwhile presumably depends on whether that RAM saving is significant.  If you’re saving, say, 100MB on a 32 GB node, that’s not a vast saving, especially if you’re taking a maths performance hit with it.  Might make an interesting experiment with some real-world code, I suppose!

Tim