[Beowulf] Administrivia: chasing down DNS problems for the beowulf list

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sun Oct 18 10:07:42 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Just a quick heads up that some folks will be having issues receiving email
from the list as beowulf.org seems to have lost its reverse DNS entry and many
subscribers email systems won't accept email from sites without that.

I've just emailed the person I had contact with last at Penguin to see if this
can be resolved (ahem), in the meantime I've disabled Mailman's automatic
processing of bounce messages so we don't lose people because of this issue.

chris at quad:~$ host beowulf.org
beowulf.org has address 12.53.5.80
beowulf.org mail is handled by 10 beowulf.org.

chris at quad:~$ host 12.53.5.80
Host 80.5.53.12.in-addr.arpa. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Looking at my home email inpile I can see this started happening a little
while ago but work and taxes has occupied all my time so I've only just
noticed. :-(

Apologies for this!

All the best,
Chris