[Beowulf] [External] Spark, Julia, OpenMPI etc. - all in one place

Michael Di Domenico mdidomenico4 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 04:56:53 PDT 2020

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:24 AM Oddo Da <oddodaoddo at gmail.com> wrote:

>> A small number of countries design entirely new systems and train their
>> students write/port software for them - much as happened with bleeding
>> edge systems 20 years ago:)
>
> Can you provide some examples? I am curious about this. Thanks!

just look at all the new machines they're building in china/japan.
china especially is putting heavy investment into their own silicon.
i'd suspect most if not all of the code on those machines is inspired
by code on the market, but basically re-written from scratch.  partly
to map down onto the intricacies of their silicon, other reason as
well i'm sure