[Beowulf] First cluster in 20 years - questions about today

Bill Abbott babbott at rutgers.edu
Sun Feb 2 12:01:28 PST 2020

Mark,

I'd start with OpenHPC on linux.  They provide well-tested recipes with
multiple software options and make the whole thing pretty easy.

I'd use slurm for the scheduler (a single hetergeneous cluster) and the
various other bundled OpenHPC components to manage nodes and so forth.

We do this for both small and medium clusters and it works well.  We
chose centos 7/warewulf/slurm as our track.

Regards,

Bill