[Beowulf] [External] RIP CentOS 8 [EXT]

Michael Di Domenico mdidomenico4 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 13:27:55 UTC 2020

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 8:17 AM Jonathan Aquilina
<jaquilina at eagleeyet.net> wrote:

> I should give LFS a try but I always tend to get stuck somewhere.

yeah, i've been down that rabbit hole as well.  i think as LFS grew
some of the instructions wavered a bit because of the nonsense in some
of the software drops like gcc and others

> I need to figure out how to clone the fedora or centos package repos to at least get myself started I think.

i'm not sure if you're aware, but the original dev of centos is
starting up rocky os, a direct clone of centos.  might be worthwhile
to just contribute some time into that.  but it's your choice/time